Sunday, July 3, 2011



I was blessed by a natural tan complexion but when I was younger, my dark skin used to frustrates me because it seems that the standard of beauty in most asian country is having a fair, white skin.

I was blessed by a natural big-doe eyes and I used to hate it because smaller eyes seems to attract more attention.

I was blessed by a natural slim body but before, I used to be in strict diet because I was getting "fat" or so I thought...

I used to follow the standard "commercialized" version of beauty and bought a lot of products to achieve that "beauty"... I've missed a lot of simple pleasure in life like eating to my heart's content or playing under the sun just to maintain the said "beauty" but guess what? I was never happy..

When someone complimented me, I was happy for a moment but I still know deep inside that it is not me... I put a lot of effort to be beautiful but still I know it is not the true me.

Then I realized the true essence of beauty is not something naked eyes could see... I learn to accept who I am and what I have... To be content and be an inspiration to others by sharing my believes and principles... By speaking my mind and helping other find their inner voice too...

Beauty is when you know who you are and being proud of it.

No comments: